A. New 2014 Update the Official Code of Georgia, section relating to special license plates for Alternative Fuel Vehicles. So that it is amended to authorize governmental, taxicab, and limousine vehicles that are AFVs to qualify for an AFV special license plate, and the incentives that come along with said license plate.
B. [If it is necessary,] a model proposal to establish an alternative fuel motor vehicle fund and to establish an electric vehicle license registration renewal fee to be paid annually for vehicles running on fuels not subject to the state’s motor vehicle fuel tax, which monies are to be deposited in the fund and used exclusively by the state for highway purposes.
These provisions may be necessary to supplement decreased funds for highway repairs and maintenance in part due to vehicles not required to pay motor fuel tax because of alternative fuel technology. This fund attempts to supplement the need to fund highway repairs and maintenance by creating a limited purpose monetary fund.
A. A model proposed municipal ordinance to update the zoning code as follows:
i. To allow Level 1 and Level 2 EVSE in every zone/district as a permitted use and structure;
• This provision is necessary to promote streamlined permitting processes and subsequent installation of Level 1 and Level 2 EVSE throughout city.
ii. To allow DC Fast Charge Stations and battery exchange stations in certain zones/districts, and to define conditions, including exceptions, if any, for which DC Fast Charge stations and battery exchange stations are zoned for use;
• Considering the potential energy requirements and increased safety measures necessary with these technologies, certain restrictions as to zones permitted to install the equipment are necessary.
iii. To establish an incentive program related to minimum parking requirements that allows parking facility owners to construct new electric vehicle parking/charging stations or to convert conventional parking spaces to electric vehicle parking/charging stations and have each such space count as three spaces toward meeting off-street parking requirements;
• This incentive program achieves two benefits: it promotes the creation of electric vehicle parking and charging spaces as well as reduces the total number of parking spaces throughout parking facilities in city.
• This provision is required to maintain a uniform system of rules and regulations related to the design of electric vehicle parking and charging spaces.
v. To consider extending maximum parking time limits, where applicable, to 4 hours parking for electric vehicle parking and charging spaces.
• This provision is required where zones have maximum parking time limits that prohibit development of EV charging network due to restricted allowed charging time and provides mechanism to overcome obstacle.
• This provision educates and attempts to maintain a uniform set of terminology used relating to electric vehicles.
B. A model proposed city ordinance to amend traffic regulations as follows:
i. To authorize on-street installation and use of electric vehicle supply equipment, including a guide or method to establish an easement for on- street EV charging; and
• This provision is necessary to establish guidelines as to installing EVSE on public right of ways and to offer a sample agreement to accomplish this.
ii. To create rules and regulations that address electric vehicle parking and charging stations spaces, creation of exclusive electric vehicle spaces, and penalties for violations and related fines;
• These provisions are necessary to establish an enforcement mechanism to ensure public compliance with electric vehicle parking and charging spaces.
C. A model proposed city ordinance to develop or update building regulations such that new constructions are mandated to or are given an incentive to include electric vehicle charging equipment readiness infrastructure into parking facility designs during construction phase.
• These provisions are necessary to promote or mandate the inclusion of conduit for future installation of charging equipment during phase of construction where costs are minimal while creating a charging network that expands with every new construction of a parking facility in the city.
• These provisions establish an investment recovery mechanism and set review standards.
E. Sample Green Vehicle Fleet Policy to be implemented, which includes the consideration of PEVs.
F. Sample Green Procurement/ Environmentally Preferable Purchasing Policy.